A program developed by the Atlantic Salmon Federation, but which is now being operated by local and regional organizations. The longevity of Fish Friends is directly related to its success – and its flexibility in different classroom settings and with the particular teaching situation.
The Teacher’s Kit contains the following:
- Curriculum Guide & other ASF Resource Materials
- ASF Chiller Unit
- 1 Hagen all-glass 33US gallon (125 Litre) fish tank
- 1 Aquaclear 70 aquarium power filter
- 1 Aquaclear 70 amrid ammonia remover insert (to be replaced annually)
- 1 Aquaclear 70 activated carbon insert (to be replaced annually)
- 1 Aquaclear 70 foam filter insert (to be replaced annually)
- 1 power filter water intake screening (to prevent fish from entering the Aquaclear power filter)
- enough pebbles to provide shelter on the aquarium bottom
- 1 nylon dip net
- flexible tubing (6ft), 3/16″
- 1 thermometer
- 1 aquarium background poster (check with your contacts)
The chiller unit is a major piece of equipment that is custom produced for the Fish Friends Program. It includes a compressor, cooling coil, motor and fan, and is capable of cooling your unit under any and all conditions.